Tuesday, February 17, 2009

ResumeBucket vs. VisualVC

Ok, for those of you who haven't checked out VisualVC, I encourage you to do read my blog post below or check it out for yourself. I reviewed a competitive product, ResumeBucket and it doesn't compare in functionality or ease of use. I started creating my resume which I will put here so you can view it, but I didn't spend too much time because I didn't like the overall look/feel and ease of use as much as VisualVC. I encountered a problem with my jobs being listed with the most recent on the bottom and I couldn't "quickly" figure out how to fix this. And since I already have an online resume, I didn't spend the time to figure it out. You do get a unique url to share your resume which you get with both services, but its not as easy to add all the extras - ie. Portfolio items, etc. that make VisualVC so unique. So if you haven't created an online resume - I recommend VisualVC. This won't replace your MS Word resume that HR professionals will still want, but it will give you a link to include in your cover letter that has more information than your standard resume and additional ability to sell yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment