Saturday, February 14, 2009

Welcome to the JobSeeker101 Blog

I was recently laid off from a management position in a small company in the recruitement advertising industry. I was totally in shock and couldn't beleive that this was happening. I loved my job and didn't want to leave. I wanted to help this company weather the storm through this economy. Instead I was let go and on my own to navigate this very different job seeker landscape.

Luckily, working in the recruiting industry, I found myself blessed with a knowledge and tools to utilize in my job search. Social networking, niche job boards, job aggregators, etc. - many that were either not known or available the last time I was looking for employment. In talking with some friends and other people I've met who are unemployed and looking for their next career opportunity, many of the tools I mentioned were unfamilar to them. Therefore I decided to start this blog and document my experiences in hopes that it will give others a hand with their job search.

If anyone has a new website or tool they would like me to critique or check out - just let me know. I hope you find my job seeker journey helpful in your own search. Comments, recommendations, collaboration are all welcome.

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment